Check out the stats below. I’ve added some back stories that may give some perspective beyond what the limited sales are.
Active listings as of 4/14/09 160 (178 Feb stats)
Pending listings as 4/14/09 78 (60 Feb stats)
The chart link below is of value to see the trends year over year. The source is the MLS but Harbor Bay Realty has an exclusive contract with the vendor who preps the data and presents it. I can do amazing searches. But remember – if a listing has been pulled off the market for more than 30 days, then the price and days on market (DOM) start as fresh, eliminating the original price and the previous days on the market. It’s how the system reads the data.
March sales charts March 08-March 09 Show charts
- average DOM 50
- average sales price $479,750
- notes: the property at 1104 Santa Clara started at 599K. The actual average DOM for this group of 4 was 96.
- average DOM 29
- average sales price $632,000
- notes: two of these really did sell over list price. 1809 Fremont actually started at 899K and finished at 815K
- average DOM 64
- average sales price 987K
- notes: the property on Old Castle had full bay views on the walk path. History – it closed 5/2/05 for 1.5M. on a list price of 1.490M. Then it was on the market for 1.625M 7/23/06, dropped to 1.529M and then cancelled 10/09/06. Next it came on the market 8/2/07 for 1.445M and then cancelled 9/27/07. Next it came on the market 2/5/09 for 1/295M and closed for that price 3/25/09.
- notes: the property on Sable Point was actually on the market for 11/1/07 for 939K, then it dropped to 805K on 10/18/08, and it closed 3/13/09 for 690K.
- DOM 5
- sales price 350K (original list 385)
- DOM 1
- sales price 408K
- DOM 279
- sales price 688K
- NOT a fixer, had common laundry, off-street parking, concrete foundation, nice location.
Check out previous posts for financing updates, more market observations.
Carry on! Marilyn